Enter Your Email to Get The Latest Updates Directly From Babe Winkelman
Total Tick Protection
Vital information for preventing tick-borne diseases for you and your family with comprehensive protection of yourself and your home!
Daily Tick Check
- Daily tick checks are the simplest way to prevent tick-borne diseases. Watch our Video Guide
- GET NAKED and inspect every part of your body, especially constricted areas such as:
- Under your armpits
- Back of your knees, neck, & ears
- All around your waistline
- Ticks do not wash off in the shower.
- Tucking your pant legs into your socks is a great way to cover up exposed skin that ticks can latch onto.
- Ticks cannot jump, fly, or drop from trees. They crawl up onto tall vegetation and latch onto passing hosts.
- There is also a tick repellent that you can apply to any piece of clothing available. Learn More
- DEET repellents alone are not enough to protect against tick bites. Ticks will simply move to an untreated area of the body
- Permethrin is more effective and kills ticks on contact and is a clothing-only repellent.
- See Our Guides on Treating Your Clothing with Permethrin.
- For maximum protection, combine the use of on-skin and clothing-only repellents
LONG-LASTING. EFFECTIVE. CONVENIENT.
PERSONAL INSECT PROTECTION
PROTECT YOUR HOME
- High-Pressure perimeter sprays are the most effective way to penetrate deep into leaf litter and prevent ticks from invading your yard.
- Consumer low-pressure sprays are not effective. Hire a professional who has access to a high-pressure sprayer.
- We recommend perimeter sprays at least twice a year: In mid-May and again in mid-October.
Learn More About Perimeter Sprays
Remove Tick Habitat
- Ticks are NOT usually found in the middle of your yard. They live on the borders: In wooded areas, plants, and gardens that are shaded.
- Trimming shrubs and low branches while also removing ground leaves will make it harder for ticks to survive in and around your yard.
- Ticks prefer shaded areas and are more active on days with high humidity.
Treat Host Animals
- Deer carry ticks to your yard and mice are the primary source of the disease-causing pathogens that are transmitted via ticks.
- Thermacell™ Tick Control Tubes for mice contain cotton that they love to use as nesting materials. They are treated with Permethrin, which kills ticks on contact.
- Repelle wildlife such as deer and rabbits with Liquid Fence™
How to Use Thermacell® Tick Control Tubes?
Thermacell Tick Control Tubes should be placed in high rodent traffic areas such as
flower beds, bushes, woodpiles, stone walls, and borders abutting woods.
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence™ Deer & Rabbit Repellent is ready-to-use works on scent, so deer and rabbits don't even have to take a bite to be repelled. Animals' natural aversion to this scent will never diminish, this product does not have to be rotated with other repellent brands.
- Harmless to plants and animals when used as directed
- Rain resistant
- Apply year-round
- Repels deer and rabbits from landscaped ornamental gardens, flowers, shrubs, trees and vines